A stay at our historic Mackinac Island hotel features lavish accommodations and amenities. We are excited for you to experience the splendor of Mackinac Island and want your stay to be as comfortable and memorable as possible. Located just steps away from Mackinac Island's main street, The Mackinac House offers more privacy than Main Street lodging. With a large front porch and continental breakfast, The Mackinac House is family-friendly lodging. Our accommodating and friendly staff are always happy to help with any recommendations for island activities. After a stay with us, you'll know why The Mackinac House is the best place to stay on Mackinac Island!
★★★★★ Eesha G.
"There place was so good! I got amazing sleep! They even had breakfast, snacks, and beverages throughout different part of the day!"
★★★★★ Theresa C.
"Perfection. . . . there is no other way to describe our recent stay at this delightful boutique hotel. Our room was in the tower portion of the 3rd floor. The room was spacious, quiet, immaculate with a light and airy feel to it. The lobby area was spotless and well stocked with games for families to utilize on rainy days. We spent a rainy morning reading while enjoying the spacious porch.
The hotel staff were so friendly and genuinely interested in making our stay as comfortable as possible. When they learned that I followed a GF diet, they purchased GF snacks for the daily treat time in the lobby. The morning continental breakfast also included several GF options as well.
By the time we checked out, I felt as though I were leaving friends. I would gladly return for a future stay!"
★★★★★ Shannon A.
"This is a really well designed, luxury accommodation with a warm and welcoming staff. We stayed in one of the family suites in the basement and found it to be comfortable and so cute! Breakfast was delicious and very convenient and the front porch and lobby area was such a special place to gather. We will be back!"
Centrally located one block from the boat dock and main street
Our Mackinac Island hotel is located just one block from the Mackinac Island Ferry boat dock and Main Street--our location is close enough so you can get here quickly, yet far enough to offer some privacy from the hustle and bustle of downtown Mackinac. There are endless activities, stores, and restaurants you can access from the hotel by walking, bike, or carriage.
Our central location also makes us a great Mackinac Island lodging choice if you are participating in any events or races on Mackinac Island!
Restaurants Close By
There is plenty of great food to discover within a few minutes of your Mackinac Island hotel! Plenty of the restaurants on Mackinac Island are within walking distance of The Mackinac House, including:
Don’t forget to bring home some famous Mackinac Island fudge—we love the original Murdick’s Fudge!
Activities close to The Mackinac House
There are so many activities on Mackinac Island to choose from! Being close to the best things to do is something you should consider when making your Mackinac Island accommodations. Some of our favorites that are close to the hotel are:
- Fort Mackinac - Fort Mackinac, founded during the American Revolution, is full of history and education for everyone in your family. You're sure to enjoy the traditional outfits of the cast of the Fort, as well as the deployment of the canon over the Island!
- Golf - Golf carts are one of the few vehicles allowed on the island! Take your swing at Wawashkamo Golf Club. Established in 1898, it’s one of Michigan’s oldest active courses. The golf course is a par 72 course.
- Kite Flying - The wind off the straits of Mackinac makes for the perfect kite flying! Head on down to Windermere Point and enjoy the lush lawn, water views, and beautiful breeze!
- Carriage Tour - Taking a carriage tour is a great family-friendly way to experience the Island. With a carriage tour, you can see Arch Rock, Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory, Fort Mackinac, Grand Hotel, and Surrey Hills in one afternoon.
- Horseback Riding - If you prefer a more personal experience with the horses of Mackinac Island, you may enjoy a horseback riding tour! You can take a guided tour or go solo.
Festivals on Mackinac Island
Attending one of the great festivals and races on Mackinac Island is a great way to learn about the area. If you're participating in any of these events or enjoying watching the show and you need Mackinac Island lodging, The Mackinac House is for you! Our hotel is a great place to come back to after an afternoon exploring any of these festivals:
- The Lilac Festival - Being the largest event on the island, this 10-day celebration attracts thousands of people! The Lilac Festival includes the crowning of the Lilac Queen and Court, horse-drawn carriage tours, the Lilac Festival Grand Parade, and many more activities to keep you and your family entertained.
- Fourth of July Festivities - It's a very patriotic time on the Fourth of July on Mackinac Island. Events like the W.T. Rabe Stone Skipping Competition and the July 4th Fireworks Display are just some of the things you can enjoy!
- Fort 2 Fort 5-Mile Challenge - Racers begin the Fort 2 Fort 5-Mile Challenge at Fort Mackinac to the fire of rifles! From there, runners make their way up to Fort Holmes and then make their way back.
If you're looking for cottages on Mackinac Island to suit your family, our hotel is the perfect fit. The Mackinac House hotel is family-friendly hotel on Mackinac Island so everyone is sure to have a great time on vacation! There are plenty of activities for kids and families to discover on the Island. The Mackinac House room types include: Deluxe King and Queen, Balcony Rooms, Tower Suite, Fort Suite and Lower Level Suite, so there are plenty of options when you're looking for Mackinac Island lodging.
Breakfast is included with your Mackinac Island accommodations at The Mackinac House. Your family will love starting each day on Mackinac Island with a continental breakfast. Coffee, bagels, muffins, fruit, and more are sure to give you the energy you need to enjoy all the sightseeing activities!
Large front porch
Mackinac Island lodging goes beyond your room--our large luxurious front porch is ideal for enjoying a cup of coffee while you hear the clip-clop of horses walking down the street. Soak in the Mackinac Island experience with picturesque views of the front garden.
Smart TV and high-speed internet/WiFi
Curl up each night after a long day on Mackinac Island with family to watch your favorite show with the Smart TV and high-speed internet in each room.
Summer on Mackinac Island is loved by many! Keep the whole family comfortable when you visit Mackinac Island on the hottest days with air conditioning in each room.
Each room in our Mackinac Island hotel features a private bathroom.
Start each day at our Mackinac Island hotel off fresh with the walk-in shower in each room.
Luxury bath amenities
Take a little extra time to get ready--you'll want to spend time with the luxury bath amenities.
Enjoy a clean and luxurious bedding experience with triple sheets in our luxurious Mackinac Island hotel.
Pillow top mattresses
Having a good night's sleep is essential when booking your Mackinac Island lodging! Say sweet dreams and enjoy a great night's rest with pillow-top mattresses in each room.
Premium cotton sheets
Relax into your bed at the end of each day with premium cotton sheets, a standard in each room of our Mackinac Island hotel.
Start each day ready for your favorite Mackinac Island activities with in-room coffee. There are coffee makers available in each room.
Each room has a mini-fridge so you can keep cold anything you need while you explore Mackinac Island.
Mackinac House is a smoke-free property.
Complimentary afternoon snacks
Your Mackinac Island accommodations should be there for you all day long! If you've been out and about for the day and you're looking for a snack, stop by The Mackinac House for a complimentary bite to eat.
One of the main modes of transportation on Mackinac Island is a bicycle! When you've finished your tour for the day and you're ready to come in to the hotel and relax, you can set your bike up on our bike rack.
Luggage storage for early arrivals and late departures
When you're eager to get to Mackinac Island and arrive before check-in, we will happily hold your luggage while you start your vacation! And if you'd like to linger a little longer after check-out to soak in some last-minute island time, we can hold your bags then as well.
Our Mackinac Island hotel rooms are boldly furnished and feature professional and contemporary decorating by an esteemed interior design professional. You can expect a luxurious and unique yet comfortable and homey atmosphere when you stay at the Mackinac House.
Book Your Stay
Ready to reserve the best place to stay on Mackinac Island? Make your reservation here, or give us a call! (906) 847 - 3911